Pagina's

donderdag 20 april 2017

Merry Christmas

Good afternoon to everybody. First of all thank you every body for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments!
I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Over here in Luxor you do not notice so much about Easter. After all, this is a Muslim country. Although they have a large population of Coptic Christians. And they celebrate of course Easter. Only the second Easter day is in Egypt traditional a holiday for every body, Muslim and Christians. It is called Sham el Nessim, it marks the beginning of spring. And here in Luxor every body goes to the river Nile and sit with the whole family at the banks of the Nile having a lovely day out. It is very busy then along the Nile with people and children swimming, boats and the traditional sailing boats, Felucca's, and all having a great time.
And on a hot day today, temperature is around 35 degrees, I have a Christmas card for you all.
For this card I used a digi stamp from Hannah Lynn, "Poinsettia Pixie". I always love to colour those digi's. And of course I used my Copic Markers for it.
For the papers I used an old paperpad from Kaisercraft, "Just Believe". I inked all the papers up with Distress Ink, "Walnut Stain".
The sentiment stamp is from Magnolia. Around it I put some Stickels, "Silver".
The cut out Christmas ornament is a die from Memory Box, "Swirl Ornament". On top of the Christmas ornament I glued a silver cord coming from The Ribbon Girls and on top of that I put a little red rose.
The leaves underneath the flowers a two different dies from Doohickey Magnolia.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I gave them a little bling with Stickels, "Silver". And at the bottom I glued a bow made from Scrappers Floss.
The ribbon that I used is coming from my stash.
The inside of the card I decorated also. Used only one beautiful paper from the paper pad and on the ticket, made with Nestabilities Rectangles, I attached a little tag also coming from the paper pad with a split pen. I keep my insides of the cards rather simple, because I cant buy anything over here in Egypt. So I must use my stuff a little economic. And that is the beauty with the paper pads from Kaisercraft. There are always papers in it what you do not use so much on the front of the card.
So, that was it for today folks! Thanks for passing by and if you leave a comment it is always greatly appreciated. Hope to see you soon back.
Digi stamp coloured with Copic Markers:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, R20
Eyes: E30, E33, E35, E39
Mouth: R20, R21, R22
Hair: Y11, Y21, Y23, Y24, Y27
Poinsettias: R22, R24, R27, R59, R0000, R000, R00, R01, R22
Hart flowers: Y13, Y15
Leaves: G82, G07, G29
Wing pixie: G0000, G000, G00, G02



Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge 238 - Holiday
Christmas at Sweet Stampin': Challenge April - Anything Christmas Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Challenge 119 - Embellish It
The Paper Shelter: Challenge 290 - Sentimental
Seasons Greetings Challenge Blog: Challenge 5 - Anything Goes
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge: Challenge 4 - Anything Christmas Goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Blog: Challenge 412 - Christmas


11 opmerkingen:

Tracey T zei

Such a lovely card, fabulously coloured. Loved reading about your experience of Easter in Luxor, too. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Jane Willis zei

Very beautiful, so many lovely elements. My favourite is the die cut lace bauble, such a perfect finishing touch
Jane - GDT at CRAFT

Sue zei

This is really lovely Caroline, your colouring is amazing, and you image goes so well with your background papers. Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge at Seasons Greetings and have a lovely weekend xx

Frouwkje zei

Leuk om te lezen hoe het met pasen in Egypte gaat, Caroline :-D
Je kaart is weer prachtig!!
Liefs, Frouwkje

Jean zei

Oh wow this stunning, beautiful image and colouring.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
Jean xx

Rema DeLeeuw zei

Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM.

Aunty Sue zei

Such a beautifully coloured and designed card so pleased you shared this with us at Craft this week

AO Creations zei

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) zei

Very beautiful card, your coloring is stunning and love the embellies you added. Thanks so much for playing in our Sentimental Challenge this week at The Paper Shelter. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs:) Audrey DT

Lena zei

Beautiful card!! Love the layout!! Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week! Good Luck! Hug Lena

Jackie C zei

Just perfect! Thank you so much for entering at The Holly & Ivy, please visit us again! Jackie DT member.